Last Updated: 4/3/2010 11:49:09 PM
But astrologically we can interpret which chart have chances for going abroad.
People visit foreign countries for various purposes some go there for vacations, some go on business trip, some students go for further higher education. But most of them go on the basis of immigration.
To examine this an astrologer has to see many things like the houses and planets concerned with foreign travel.
Primary houses for foreign journey are 9th and 12th house.
If these houses fall in moveable signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn) or water signs (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces), then there is a possibility of foreign travel (or travel over the seas!). It is obvious from the above that Cancer is a powerful sign in this regard as it is both a moveable sign and a watery sign. Thus if the 9th or 12th houses of a horoscope fall in these signs, or if the 9th or 12th house lords fall in these signs, you may deduce that foreign travel is indicated for such natives.
For an example native is going abroad for higher education and in his chart 4th lord is placed in the 9th house which happens to be a moveable sign, or a watery sign, and is conjunct the 12th lord,
We may conclude that the native will be traveling abroad for higher education (4th house stands for basic education; 9th house stands for advanced courses/ specializations).
When 4th lord is placed in 12th house then native will find more auspicious living in abroad rather than at his native place.
Association of 5th, 9th, and 12th lords in the dasamsha indicate traveling abroad for professional reasons. These persons are usually employed as skilled professional like (scientists, professors, etc.)in abroad. If the combination of 9th and 10th lord is associated with the 12th house, the native may go on to win prestigious awards in the foreign country, and in some cases even get elected to high constitutional posts like Senator/ Governor/ Chairman of Board of Studies, etc. Curiously similar combinations will be found in the horoscopes of Indian posted abroad. Similar are the results when 10th and 12th lords of the dasamsha have mutual aspect or association.
It should be noted that while moveable signs indicate travels away from homeland and hence might indicate long stay abroad, common signs indicating foreign travel signify that the person might travel a lot to foreign lands, but there will be no extended stay there
Periods When Foreign Travels Are Indicated :
When there are adequate prospects in the natal chart for going abroad, the native may undertake foreign travels during any of the periods mentioned below,
1) Dasa/ bhukti of the 9th lord or the 12th lord, or the planets that are in association with the 12th lord (by placement or aspect).
2) Dasa/ bhukti of the planets that are associated with Moon
3) Dasa/ bhuktis of Rahu, Venus, or Moon if these planets are in the 12th house.
4) Dasa/ bhuktis of exalted/ debilitated planets in the horoscope.
5) Sub-periods of Ketu and Rahu in the major period of Rahu.
6) Jupiter bhukti in Saturn dasa (if Jupiter owns 12th house)
7) Dasa/ bhukti of the planets associated with the 9th lord.
8) When Saturn in its transit crosses the natal position of Sun.
9) When Jupiter in its transit aspects the 9th or 12th house, or aspects the 9th/ 12th house lords.
10) Foreign journeys are experienced even during sade-sathi.
Directions associated with the journey(especially for western countries like U.S. and Canada)
Get your personalised horoscope based on your sign.